At Sangath, people are our greatest resource. Since the genesis of our organisation, we have put professionalism first. By pooling our strengths we aim to make a change. Due to our many endeavours, we have a constant need for more like-minded individuals. We can always use your help and skills. So apply for vacant posts now and join us in making a change.
1. Psychiatrist (part-time)
Location: Candidate should be Goa-based.
2. Senior Clinical Consultant
PRIDE Adolescent Mental Health Programme,
Location: Candidate may be based in either New Delhi or Goa
About this post
Sangath is seeking to appoint a Senior Clinical Consultant for the PRIDE adolescent mental health programme. PRIDE (‘PRemIum for aDolEscents’) is supported by a Principal Research Fellowship grant from the Wellcome Trust (UK) to Prof. Vikram Patel, Harvard University. Sangath is partnered in this ambitious 5-year clinical research programme by the Public Health Foundation of India, Harvard Medical School (USA) and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (UK).
The aims of PRIDE are to (i) establish a trans-diagnostic psychological intervention for adolescents with common mental health difficulties, and (ii) test its cost-effectiveness when delivered by school counsellors in Goa and New Delhi. Operating within a stepped-care framework, the PRIDE intervention comprises guided self-help (Step 1) and more intensive modular cognitive-behavioural therapy (Step 2). The programme is now in its second year, involving the completion of formative qualitative research and a clinical case series, leading on to pilot and full-scale randomised controlled trials.
The post-holder will work under the overall direction of the project’s Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the Clinical Academic Director. S/he will hold primary responsibility for clinical supervision and operational management of the PRIDE intervention team, including lay counsellors as well as master’s- and doctoral-level psychologists. The post-holder may also contribute to research activities as appropriate to his/her experience, interests and programme requirements.
The candidate may be is based on either site, New Delhi or Goa but would be expected to spend up to a week a month on the other site. The position is for a starting appointment for one year, extendable by a further two years, with an initial probation period of 3 months. Shortlisted candidates would be called for interview in June 2017 in New Delhi. Emoluments will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
- To lead on quality assurance processes for safe, effective and acceptable delivery of the PRIDE stepped care intervention in secondary schools
- To provide professional and clinical supervision for lay counsellors (primarily delivering Step 1) and master’s/doctoral-level psychologists (primarily delivering Step 2) within the PRIDE intervention team
- To develop and deliver high-quality clinical training for PRIDE intervention team members and other clinicians associated with Sangath
- To oversee preparation of written materials for use by intervention participants and providers, including drafting, translation and quality checking of self-help materials, intervention manuals, assessment tools and safeguarding protocols
- To oversee efficient and accurate recording of clinical case data by intervention providers
- To advise on the iterative development of the intervention’s theoretical framework and technical content
- To advise on the specification and user testing of a digital delivery platform to support guided self-help, supervision, training and electronic case records
- To establish and maintain clear communication and effective working relationships with the Senior Management Team and all other personnel associated with PRIDE
- To establish and maintain clear communication and effective working relationships with key external stakeholders, including teachers, school principals and local service providers
- To contribute to PRIDE research outputs, according to experience, interests and programme requirements
- To provide senior clinical expertise in the development and delivery of Sangath’s wider service provision
- Professional qualification in mental health (MPhil/MA/MScClinical or Counselling Psychology or Clinical Social Work or Psychiatry)
- Expert knowledge of theory and practice related to evidence-based psychological treatments for common mental health difficulties
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in delivery of evidence-based cognitive and behavioural treatments, including clinical practice with adolescents
- High level of accuracy and fluency in English, with demonstrated experience of writing treatment manuals and/or other clinical materials in plain English
- Commitment of a minimum of one year
- Fluency in either Hindi or Konkani/ Marathi
- Experience in mental health research, especially clinical trials
- Experience of working in schools
- Experience of working with mHealth technologies
- At least 2 years of post-qualification experience in supervising lay and/or professional therapists in delivery of evidence-based cognitive and behavioural treatments
- Experience of training lay and/or professional therapists to deliver manualized psychological treatments
If you are interested in this post and feel you meet the essential requirements, please send your detailed CV and completely filled self-assessment form (click here to download) to Kavita Nair at email: email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications: May 30, 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in June 2017 in New Delhi.