Junior Counsellor, PRIDE (New Delhi)
Sangath is seeking to hire junior counsellors for its PRIDE project. The aims of PRIDE are to
(i) establish a trans-diagnostic psychological intervention for adolescents with common mental health difficulties, and
(ii) test its cost-effectiveness when delivered by counsellors in schools of Goa and New Delhi. The programme is now in its third year, involving the completion of formative qualitative research and a clinical case series, leading on to pilot and full-scale randomized controlled trials.
The project will be implemented in Goa and New Delhi, in partnership with the Harvard Medical School (USA) (Principal investigator: Prof. Vikram Patel). The post-holder will work under the supervision of Intervention Coordinator/ Director and have overall responsibility for delivering the low-intensity psychological intervention to students with mental health difficulties in government schools. The post is based in Delhi and is for a starting appointment for one year, extendable up to one year.
• Delivering low-intensity psychological counselling to adolescents with mental health difficulties
• Liaison with officials in the schools/ community as relevant
• Building awareness amidst stakeholders regarding the project and its services
• Filling out necessary forms for documentation purposes
• Translating intervention materials into local languages as and when necessary
• Attending supervision & clinical meetings at Sangath, as per the protocol
Graduates preferably in Psychology or Social Work. Other graduates can also apply if they have previous experience of working as counsellors/ field investigators/ field data collectors.
Skills and experience
• Candidates should have good communication skills
• Any previous formal or informal experience of counselling, dealing with school children or youth and or data collection would be an advantage.
• Candidates should be fluent in Hindi language (speaking, reading and writing).
• Candidates should be willing to work hard, travel and work in government school environment with limited school resources situated in low-income communities.
Apply before April 27, 2018, by sending an email to email@example.com